Tuesday, April 21, 2009

good advice...

image courtesy of corbis

as mother's day approaches we naturally think about all the wonderful things mom has done for us growing up. and although i'm not yet a mother, i hope to someday be one. as i get older and more and more of my friends begin to get pregnant (erin! she's due in just about 1 month!) i wonder just what type of mother i will actually be. we all say "i'm going to be the best mother ever" or "i won't make the mistakes my own parents made with me", but let's be honest here, parenting can't be as easy as we'd like it to be. geez, i have a hard enough time disciplining my dog, as she can't talk back!

i read about "10 ways to be a more light-hearted parent" by gretchen rubin on wide open spaces blog today and honestly pray that i can remember these words when i have little rug-rats of my own. i gave my own parents a run for their money back in the day (basically from birth until i was about 17...oh boy, i'm in trouble) so i know staying patient and remaining calm is inherently going to be a challenge for me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Blair,
    I saw the nice mention of my blog, The Happiness Project, here. I so much appreciate those kind words and you shining a spotlight on my blog! Thanks and best wishes, Gretchen Rubin

    ReplyDelete