Tuesday, June 14, 2011

do you tattoo?...

let me just preface this post with 'don't worry mom & dad (and farrell), i'm not getting another tattoo...yet...


tattoos really are a love/hate kind of thing, case in point, my family hates them and i love them. when i got my first tattoo in college my mom saw it 'by accident' and didn't talk to me for a couple of months...i finally just came out and told her about the 4th one.

the one positive note is that i'm in an industry (construction/design) where tattoos are more acceptable, but i do understand how they might be perceived in other professions, and i guess i'm just lucky i'm not in those professions! i do wonder how my tattoos will look when i'm old and saggy, or more so, when i become a mother or grandmother. but that being said, none of them (i have 4 currently) are really in places that are super visible or susceptible to sagging/stretching...so, who knows.


if i had my way, i'd have 3/4 sleeves, or torso tattoos too, i think they're so sexy...


if i were to even think about a torso, 3/4 sleeve, or even something to wrap around my wrist tattoo i think i'd like to try some variation of the peacock feather. i'm not a huge fan of colorful tattoos but i think this would definitely be the way to go. i told my mom this tonight when i saw her and her eyeballs nearly popped out of her head and she made the motherly noise of disgust... i'm pretty sure my sister's reaction would be worse though...


a more acceptable tattoo is something i would wait until i had children for and do something similar to angelina jolie's coordinate tattoos of their birthplaces or birth dates (i only want 3 kids max, so it's not like it would take up a ton of room) ...but not on my arm like hers, maybe on my other wrist...

No comments:

Post a Comment