Saturday, October 15, 2011

weekend shopping adventure...

last night i was invited to have dinner at my bosses house (who happens to be neighbors with my parents), with his incredibly smart & funny wife, a talented interior designer colleague, and a husband/wife duo who happens to own the most fabulous gourmet food shop in boston. i have to admit i was a little intimidated by this group; they are well read, have extensively traveled and are leaders in their field... but i had a wonderful time with them!

when asked what my plans were for the next afternoon i replied with delight i was heading to my FAVORITE antique store, acushnet river antiques (love, love, love)...


...and then they told me i HAD TO go to the new england demolition and salvage while i was in the neighborhood. boy were they right!!! i could have spent hours in here scouring for architectural finds. this made me think about my 'potential career change' someday, i will definitely keep this in the back of my mind when that takes off...


another uber cool aspect of this place is circa vintage wear, located IN the same building. one of the best vintage clothing shops i've been in, ever...

2 comments:

  1. two of my very favorite places!
    let's meet up next time you go hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I'm going to have to go!!

    ReplyDelete