Monday, January 4, 2010

i'm becoming a fairy godmother...




ok, so i'm not becoming a fairy godmother, but i am becoming a real godmother to this little sweetie-pie....


to say i'm thrilled would be an understatement, i'm psyched! her parents (her mother is my best friend from high school) asked me yesterday. i of course did what i usually do when i encounter something new that i know very little about...i googled it to see the definition. i just wanted to check out what my actual responsibilities would be other than being up at the alter when she get baptized in the catholic church. let me tell ya, it doesn't seem like there is a clear cut definition, but i'm sure the priest will inform me of my duties soon enough.

i think in my mind it means my goddaughter and i will have a special relationship, one that as she grows older will develop from someone who spoils her rotten to someone who still spoils her rotten but also gives her guidance and advice when she starts to rebel from her own parents. because we're not actually related i think this is the closest honor i could get to becoming part of her family.


and of course i've already started looking into the perfect little gift for her big day (and my outfit for the event as well)...cause she's gotta have the coolest godmother around, obviously! thank you erin & christian for allowing me the privilege of being her godmother!

No comments:

Post a Comment