Wednesday, June 10, 2009

happy anniversary to us...


today is the boyfriend and my one year anniversary. you may be saying "one year? big deal", but to me it is a huge deal. i thank god every day that he put this person in front of me to laugh with, to smile with, to confide in (tell all my deepest secrets to), to support me, and to share all the experiences this life has to offer. through this short time together we've learned so much about one another and a lot about ourselves in the process. our friends & families have been nothing but supportive of this journey we're taking together and i could not ask for more. this is the happiest i've been in years (yes years).

our first date was to a red sox baseball game this time last year, where i like to say he fell hard for me as he watched me devour an entire 'monster dog'...which should have horrified him now that i think about it. being the generous man i've always known him to be, his father gave us his coveted red sox vs. yankees tickets which fall on the exact date of our anniversary this year, so we're going to relive that first date, monster dog and all!

i wish i could tell you the hundreds of thousands of things that make the boyfriend so wonderful, but let's be honest, there's not enough room on this blog for that many words. and while this first year has certainly had its fair share of ups & downs, it only makes me excited for the years to come with him by my side.

and these girls might just love him as much as i do...maybe even a little more...and he loves them unconditionally in return. this was the 3 of them when he got home from dinner last night...


my smart-ass little sister sent me this electronic card from some e cards this morning, very fitting (and strangely very kind) coming from her i must admit...

No comments:

Post a Comment