over the weekend i read this recipe for shrimp scampi in coastal living magazine, so we're having it for dinner tonight... along with some texas toast...do you love texas toast like i do?..
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Directions1. cook pasta in boiling salt water according to package; drain.
2. heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. add half the shrimp, and cook 1 minute on each side or until opaque. transfer the shrimp to a plate, cover and keep warm. repeat with remaining shrimp.
3. melt butter over medium heat in smae skillet. add remaining oil, garlic, red pepper; sautee 3 minutes or until garlic starts to brown. stir in cooked shrimp, parsley, lemon zest & juice, and salt. cook 1 minute.
4. add pasta. and cook 1 minute or until hot, tossing constantly, serve immediately.