Thursday, August 4, 2011

take me to guernsey...


i am a mega nerd. ever since reading the guernsey literary and potato peel pie society i am hooked on the idea of visiting guernsey, one of the channel islands between france and the uk. i don't know why my sudden fascination, i mean, before reading this book i didn't even know this place existed. i had no idea victor hugo was exiled to this island, did you?...


but it looks beautiful, and charming and exactly what i like, quaint & secluded from the rest of the world. i might have to start planning a trip, maybe for a week (or two) next summer perhaps???


read more about guernsey on their tourism website, here.

1 comment:

  1. Pics are great. Think I may check out Guernsey as well--at some point--not tops of my list of must be places but it strikes me as odd that I too..despite having spent time working in London and have been across the English Channel never paid it much mind. Curious about their accent.

    ReplyDelete