Monday, March 22, 2010

first day of spring...surprise!!!!


my weekend started off wonderful with the arrival of flowers from my dad for my birthday (which is actually thursday, march 25!). how sweet is he? you know the day was going to go well with beauties like this sitting in the house to make you smile...


with a start like that, and the weather finally turning nice for the first day of spring, i decided to the girls for a little swim that afternoon...


the boyfriend and i had a date planned for that night, or so i thought...an then...SURPRISE....


yup, he threw me a surprise 30th birthday party without me knowing, and all my friends were there, including my dad who earlier in the day sent me flowers AND my sister who flew all the way from colorado...you can bet the tears started flowing when i saw those two! we started the night off bowling at kings, did you know i love bowling?...


dad is an expert bowler, look at his form...


then the boyfriend arranged a special spot for us at the top of the hub for cocktails and a v.i.p. after hours trip to the skywalk observatory to overlook the city at night...


and you bet we took full advantage of the photo booths they had there...


and to top it all off sunday was a perfect brunch with my ladies...


the boyfriend really outdid himself on this one. not only was he able to keep it a total surprise from me (a task in and of itself), but he planned the perfect party for me. to say that i am impressed would be an understatement...thank you, thank you, thank you boyfriend, i love you to pieces...


and i love my gift from the night too, a memory for a lifetime...


2 comments:

  1. What an awesome surprise- it looked like quite the special, memorable occasion! Kudos to your boyfriend for pulling it all off! Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers from your Dad. AMAZING!-AK

    ReplyDelete