Sunday, January 1, 2012

$10 challenge...

so i was just reading the lettered cottage and her post 'things i'd tell my 37-year-old self'...and one of the items listed struck me as a brilliant idea to start this first week of 2012... i'd like to challenge everyone that reads my blog to do this with me...

save $10 per week. simple, right?...


i currently have $100 per paycheck automatically deposited into my savings account, which is great and i STRONGLY urge you to do something similar for your savings, even if it's less. but the problem is i tend to 'dip' into my savings when i hit up the atm...bad habit.

but $10 per week...by the end of the year you have $520...two years you have $1,040...and so on. you can spend it, donate it, save it. it seems really doable, right? as a soon-to-be homeowner that's an amount that doesn't seem so scary to achieve... i can give up buying lunch at work, or a manicure, or an after work cocktail...i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment