Friday, September 10, 2010

and, we're back...

sorry it took me so long to write about my week long vacation to my parents house in nova scotia. let me just tell you, i will NEVER take another full week off from work ever again, i've been drowning in work since i've returned. i can't stop thinking about what a wonderful time i really did have with my family though. i didn't go to the house last summer and my mom has done a lot of amazing decorating since i was there last...


the boyfriend rearranged his flights and came up early on thursday rather than later in the evening so he was able to get a bunch of fishing in on the over 90 degree days we had before hurricane earl hit, he was on the hunt for mackerel...


i don't think anyone had more fun than these two...


everyone got in safely before the arrival of hurricane earl. the morning of we were awaken by this incredible rising red sun..."red sky in the morn, sailors take warn"...the storm only lasted a few hours but was powerful enough to knock down a dozen or so trees on the property, which we promptly surveyed after the rains ceased...


there was no shortage of outdoor entertainment the entire vacation; swimming, golfing, fishing, drinking, eating, biking galore...


i think everyone was mildly annoyed with my paparazzi-esque picture taking the whole weekend, but i don't care because i got some very cute, memorable shots...

my brother-in-law, chris, and my sister farrell

little old me and the boyfriend

my stepsister, kate, and her boyfriend christian

mom & stepdad

the whole crew

our last night there we ate at our absolute favorite spot near the house, the shore club. if you are ever near hubbards cove you HAVE TO eat here, you will not be disappointed...


i cannot tell you how magical the sky is up there at night...


and as a little gift, the boyfriend and i had these t-shirts made to mark the wonderful weekend we all spent together...


we're already looking forward to next summers visit! thanks HoYo & MiWoo!

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible week! I've always wanted to visit Nova Scotia, and your post certainly inspires me to begin planning a trip. Your family's home is so dreamy! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny to see another Da familiar face - I think it runs in the family :) Christian was a year younger than us I think.

    Looks like a VERY fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete