Friday, September 4, 2009

country road, take me home...

image courtsey of aaroads

bet ya'll didn't know i used to live in louisville, kentucky back in the day. Yes siree, I sure did live in the land of bluegrass music, horse racing, mint juleps & straight bourbon, southern cooking & southern hospitality. I went back for a long overdue visit last spring (2008), i hadn't seen some of my friends in nearly 15 years! many of them are married and have (the most adorable) children. i was sad to have missed out on those monumental events in their lives, but happy to have rekindled a friendship with them nonetheless....

the tiny house i used to live in with my mom...no, we did not have purple shutters when we lived there.


carrie & me


courtney and her cutie-pie son


so the other night, when i read an article about the kentucky bourbon trail (note: the boyfriend is a serious bourbon connoisseur) in the september 2009 issue of southern living magazine, i immediately thought this would be a great trip for the boyfriend and i to take for my 30th/his 31st birthday in march. then i thought maybe it would be better to do in the month of may so we could not only hit the trails & visit with my friends, but catch the kentucky derby too!...



churchill downs


bourbon trail map

No comments:

Post a Comment