Monday, February 11, 2013

blizzard girls..

aside from a very big trip i have coming up with my mother to morocco (yikes!), i have exhausted all my 'girls weekends' i had planned, and there have been many, many so far in 2013...and i'm sure many more to come.

this past weekend, during the blizzard nemo, i headed north to portland maine with two of my bestest girlfriends from high school. no blizzard was going to keep up from this weekend we've had planned for months, and so the hotel staff affectionately called us the 'blizzard girls'...


despite dumping nearly 31" in portland, we still headed up to the outlets on friday morning for a little (or a lot, in my case) shopping...


then we did a little snacking followed by a little napping in our hotel beds wrapped in our special girls weekend bathrobes...



and that night we ate at my all time favorite restaurant...



saturday we pretty much forgot about the snow and enjoyed our ENTIRE day at the spa being rubbed, scrubbed and moisturized. a.m.a.z.i.n.g. and then saturday night erin and i decided to have a little dessert war over her brownie sundae, it was an epic battle... she's very serious about her desserts...


i have to say, portland did an incredible job cleaning up after the storm, i was pretty impressed. and even though we had to come home to a mess of snow, i have to thank my sweet friends, neighbors & bf for clearing my driveway for me...


and thank you, erin & steph, for being my blizzard 'bitches' this weekend. i'm so happy we made the time to head out of town together. quebec in 2014?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment