Friday, October 9, 2009

gloria, gloria...

one of my most vivid childhood memories is my mother singing laura branigan's gloria (among many other ridiculous 80's tunes)at the tops of her lungs...she did it cleaning the house, driving in the car, making dinner and while giving us a bath. last night, when i was sitting in boston traffic driving to have dinner with the boyfriends parents, i scrolled to the song on my ipod and unleashed my vocals, screaming 'GLORIA, I THINK THEY GOT YOUR NUMBER" at the top of my lungs, and it made me think of my mom and i smiled wide...and i think it made some other people sitting in traffic smile too when they saw me rockin' out in my car!

Did you know Laura Branigan died? I didn't, the boyfriends dad told me, she was only 41 years old...RIP Laura, thanks for the memories (and the tragic 80's outfits)...

No comments:

Post a Comment